Everyone loves a good scare on Halloween, but not when it comes to child safety. There are several easy and effective behaviors that parents can share with kids to help reduce their risk of injury.
On average, children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween than on any other day of the year.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors. Since masks can sometimes obstruct a child’s vision, try non-toxic face paint and makeup whenever possible.
- Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, remind them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
- When selecting a costume make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- See more at: http://www.safekids.org/halloween#sthash.n1I8VWzB.dpuf
Author:Darik Steinbach Phone: 952-239-4290 Dated: October 29th 2015 Views: 185 About Darik: I have been selling residential real estate in Minneapolis full time for 10+ years.
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
A home is not a home because of its room dimensions or the color of the walls. It is about how you feel when you walk through the front door, and the way you can instantly envision your life unfolding there.
This is about more than real estate. It is about your life and your dreams.
7 Things You Should Never Do with Dish SoapDish soap is great! I
Thank you for spending the time in getting me into my new home! And for putting up with apprehensive me during the process. I am happy in my new townhome and although still getting settled in, I am enjoying it. Again, thank you for your knowledge of knowing how to put it all together with selling & buying. Everything worked as you said it would!