You take a shower and you get clean. Your shower door? Not so much. Read on for our top tips on how to cleanglassshower doors -- and keep them clean.
1) Banish Buildup People swear by the incredible soap scum-slaying ability of distilledvinegar(heated first) mixed with grease-cutting dish detergent such as Dawn, in equal proportions. If your shower is made of stone, however, thevinegarcould damage it. Instead, mix some liquid soap withbaking sodauntil it's the consistency of frosting, says Kris Koenig, CEO ofNatura Clean. Scrub it onto theglassshower door with a nonscratchsponge.
2) Multitask Clean the shower door as you're finishing up your shower. The warm water has already loosed up the grime, plus you don't have to worry about getting messy or wet. Use aspongeor foam cleaningpadsuch as a Magic Eraser, and you won't need to mess around with additional cleaning products or chemicals.
3) Citrus Solutions Leslie Reichert, akaThe Cleaning Coach, offers this trick for cleaning yourglassshower door: Cut a lemon in half. Dip one half inbaking soda, then rub on theglassdoor. "Once you get theglassclean, I like rubbing it with a little lemon oil, too," she says. "The oil will repel the water so the soap doesn't dry on theglass."
4) Multiuse Tools Use atoothbrushfor scrubbing the metal frame around your shower door. Apaintscraper can help get the gunk where the metal meets the shower or door, and arazor, carefully and gently applied, can scrape mineral spots off flatglass.
5) Squeegee, Squeegee, Squeegee Prevention is key. "The best thing you can do is squeegee the door after each use," Koenig says. Keep one hanging in your shower to make it easy. "It'll help keep hard-water deposits from building up, so you won't have to scrub so much later," she says.
6) DIY Daily Shower Spray Using a shower spray daily builds time between deep cleans. Make your own on the cheap -- and without harsh chemicals -- by mixing 1cupwater, 1/2 cupvinegar, a little dish soap, and 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil. Keep it in the shower, and spray theglassdoor down after squeegeeing. (Skip thevinegarif you have a stone-tile shower.)
Author:Darik Steinbach Phone: 952-239-4290 Dated: October 11th 2016 Views: 104 About Darik: I have been selling residential real estate in Minneapolis full time for 10+ years.
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
A home is not a home because of its room dimensions or the color of the walls. It is about how you feel when you walk through the front door, and the way you can instantly envision your life unfolding there.
This is about more than real estate. It is about your life and your dreams.
7 Things You Should Never Do with Dish SoapDish soap is great! I
Thank you for spending the time in getting me into my new home! And for putting up with apprehensive me during the process. I am happy in my new townhome and although still getting settled in, I am enjoying it. Again, thank you for your knowledge of knowing how to put it all together with selling & buying. Everything worked as you said it would!